Steven Slater

An Extension of StevenSlater.net

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Six Months In a Leaky Boat

Six months since my last post? Unacceptable.

The world has changed in six months. There is a leaking oil pipe under the sea, spewing billions of dollars worth of oil into the environment, causing billions of dollars worth of damage. There is unrest in the Middle East, there is unrest in Arizona with the racist bills on the ballot there. And there is unrest right here in my apartment as I've not chosen an accent color.

*sigh*

What I mean to say is that there is so much going on in the world that its difficult to grasp even a fraction of it. From the crash and burn in the financial sector and the public's bail out of Billionaires, to the folks who are losing their livelihood because BP's reckless heed to the call "Drill baby, Drill!"

All of it boggles my mind and warps my perception of what is in front of me. And that is, at the moment, 4 white walls.

1 comment:

  1. Since I am the ONLY person following your blog (perhaps due to the paucity of current information and timely updates)I thought that I would JUST BABBLE On in the comments section about yor goddamn white....lily white....diaper white....virgin white....the white of indecisive people with no perspective and view....the safest of the safe choices in wall colors. White.

    You know I have to rip you one for suggesting you need to select an "accent color". what kind of HOMO chooses an "accent color." What the fuck is an "accent color"? Brown perople think white people have an accent and white people think brown people do. Is THAT an accent color?

    NO way. Baby, what you need to do is put a stake in the ground and begin to build your apartment with your own style. color on the walls will certainly be a part of it (if I have anything to say about it), but also need to look at the furniture, flow, floors, lighting etc. Not that you need to do it all at once...but begin to develop a perspective and appreciation for how you want to idealize your life when you are home alone....and what you want to project when you have company. (Once you answer these questions, you will see there is no room for an accent color, but lots of space for the evolution of your own personal style.

    As I said before...and offer again...I would love to help you work thorugh a few directions. In the end, however, the walls will remain white...until you feel like you can make the committment to some style. (and damn it is an easy one...you can change it up, bend it out, tone it down and whatever all the time. So DON'T FREAK...unless the white walls have gotten to you. Try a color or two. If you hate it. Change it. No sweat.

    ReplyDelete